MDS has worked with dozens of organizations across the country in evaluating business partnerships. mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and other transactions. Our senior leaders have facilitated and overseen numerous successful transactions with multi-hospital systems, independent acute care hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, specialty facilities, and other health care entities.
Specific elements of our work have included the following:
- Horizontal and vertical integration strategic option analysis
- Identifying potential strategic partners or suitors
- High level due diligence to determine general business "fit", strategic alignment, goals and strategies, and expected impacts
- Detailed micro-level due diligence in relevant areas including impacts related to medical staff/affiliated physician groups, managed care contracts, programs and services, departmental savings, volume/market share, facility development, IT/technology, etc.
- RFP development, process management, oversight, and review
- Financial feasibility
- Debt capacity
- Capital availability and usage (sources and uses of funds)
- ROI potential
- Litigation Support
- Expert testimony
- Impact on balance sheet and income statement
For further information on Transaction Assistance/Due Diligence contact: firstname.lastname@example.org